Monday, January 11, 2010

Forever Young!

What a sport Del is! He wore this hideous mullet wig just for me and my 80's birthday party (for the pictures, anyway. After that he ripped it off his head and threw it in the corner like a dead rat!) Just for the record, Del never had a mullet---just hair parted down the middle and feathered back. :) Also for the record, I always had better taste than this sweet outfit, too. Sure, I occasionally wore Swatch watches on my ankles and loved stirrup pants even though they were always too short (and only made it to my calves), but I'm sure I would never have worn this beauty!
Although I did wear this one. Lovely, huh. What can I say? It was shortly after this that I began to develop some taste. We had a great time watching cheesy 80's music videos, reliving great memories, and making fun of our fashions. For instance:
I had forgotten that we used to wear two pairs of socks and alternate them. Weren't we cute?!
Steve works with me in the congressional offices. Doesn't he look professional in his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt? Sherry and Jeremy demonstrated "the sway" to Tears for Fears. Swaying was crucial for every awkward teenage boy who didn't know how to dance to fast songs.
Michelle really wanted to "Get Physical" but we were able to restrain her. We couldn't restrain everyone else from doing the Flashdance running thing, though. Great outfit!
Thanks everybody! It was so fun dressing up in tacky 80's clothes again and feeling young! We'll have to do the 90's next. What would that be? Grunge? At least we were colorful in the 80's!

4 comments:

Becky said...

that is just great! love everyones costumes. glad you had a good time.
i am sure you could have posted a beter picture of your modeling days!! if you want, i will for you! :)

Jay and Rochelle said...

What a fun party! Love the costumes and humor! I was right there with you on the too short of pants but having the higher socks that matche your shirt was the "in" thing and you tucked you pants under the sock.

Sally said...

Thanks Becky, but I'll pass. Some things are better forgotten.

Tightwad Mom said...

Now I remember why you are a kindred spirit! I just found your blog. Love the pictures. Brings back lots of memories!