Friday, July 8, 2011

Emergency!

You know those 72 hour kits that we all faithfully pack, so we'll be prepared in case of an emergency?  Well, apparently you need to update their contents every now and then!  Who knew?!  Recently we cleaned out our garage and found our emergency backpacks.  I know!  Having to "find" them is the first mistake, but we've been finishing our basement and somehow they got lost in the garage over the last few months (or possibly just a tad bit longer :).  Anyway, the girls started digging through their packs and had a great time discovering what I had included for each of them.
Emma would look like Cinderella's stepsister to try to shove her feet into these tiny shoes!  She liked the Veggie Tales t-shirt, but since it was way too little it went straight to DI.  
Maren's clothes weren't any better.  Her size 5T jeans would have made good capris if she could have zipped them up.  She was excited to find that the cheap mp3 player she had put in her pack years ago still worked, although her taste in music has changed a little since she was 6.  I had no idea she had put it in there, and I'm really impressed that the batteries still worked!  I'm sure that in an emergency we'd all be thrilled to listen to "Old McDonald had a Farm" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad," so good thinking, Maren!

I didn't have the guts to see if I could still fit into the pants in my pack.  Too depressing and too out of style!  And I didn't bother to check on the status of the food after 8 or 9 years of neglect!  I guess it's time to update our packs so we can be fashionable and well-fed in case of an emergency!

6 comments:

Becky said...

that is too funny! I am not even going to go look at mine, because then I won't be able to fee superior to you! maren probably could have zipped those, skinny thing!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow, old!!! Well, we don't have any at all. I suppose that's even worse. :)

JaNae said...

Too, too funny. Good thing Maren was all about entertaining the family. :) Who knows those songs might be life saving to some one. ;)

Diana said...

lol. Sally, you guys are so funny! I loved Emma's practically-baby shoes! haha! Maybe I should go through mine... nope. I don't think I have changed that much since college, but the out of date will definitely apply since I put nasty clothes in there to begin with! Like my old college republican T-shirt! haha
Well, welcome home to Devin! Good luck to him in college! Emma's bangs are super cute in that picture! And I love the random floating taco in the banner. I love hearing updates on how Maren is doing with her flute, and I am just so proud of her!! What a rockstar!Lots o love from California! Diana

Jay and Rochelle said...

Too funny!

I'm winderful! said...

At least there weren't any diapers!