When I heard the Boston concert hadn't sold out and tickets were going for $20 each I flew to Smiths to buy some tickets. I was so excited to surprise Del. I like Boston, but he LOVES them! I called our friends Jeremy and Cherri Porter, and they wanted to go, too.
I had just said to Del, "I wonder who the opening band will be?" when I heard the into to The Grand Illusion start playing. "Awesome!" I thought. "Someone's going to play some STYX hits!" And then I saw the name, Dennis DeYoung, and started jumping up and down yelling, "It's STYX! The opening band is STYX!" I couldn't have been happier! I am a huge fan and had no idea they were touring together. That's what happens when you quickly go buy tickets 4 hours before the concert. Sweet!
We saw several friends there, and took pictures with Geri and Evan Holmstead to send to our daughters, Maren and Lauren on their missions. We wanted them to know their parents are still cool!
Both groups were so awesome! Best concert I've ever been to, and there was something incredibly magical about laying on a blanket staring up at the stars while my favorite bands sang to me. Wow!
I wanted a t-shirt so bad, but they were $55, so I passed, but when we left we ran into a guy in the parking lot selling seconds for $10. I asked him for a medium and then decided to get a large so Del could wear it too.
Unfortunately, it wasn't until I got home that I realized he gave me a small instead of a large, and I didn't want it tight, so Emma was thrilled to get a concert T from Boston's 40th anniversary tour.




No comments:
Post a Comment