Anyone who is around Del for more than an hour knows that he is extremely political and opinionated, (and maybe his wife is just a little bit, too). Well, apparently it's all in the family. When we attended the first Idaho Republican Caucus in March, Devin and Chris were able to come vote, too, and they were asked to help collect and count the ballots. It was pretty exciting for us.

The next day in the newspaper there was a front page article that had a quote from Chris! We didn't even know they had interviewed him. I was afraid of what he would say because he hadn't really wanted to go at first. I was relieved, though, to read the article. He sounded great. Here's the quote:
Tables were set up to register voters and even included an opportunity for teenagers to sign in, provided they turn 18 before elections. Typical was Century High School senior Chris Symons, who inherited Republican genes from his mother, whom he said works for Sen. Mike Crapo. "I thought this would be an interesting night," he said. "I think Romney is the strongest Republican to beat Obama. And I like Republican policies." ISJ, 3-7-12, pp A1, A9
I was so proud of him! The funny thing is that both of my boys have now been interviewed by the news when they voted for the first time! I'll have to arrange it for my girls, too. They're expecting it!


No comments:
Post a Comment